- ▢1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ▢1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (about 2 cups – I used red & yellow)
- ▢¾ teaspoon granulated garlic (or 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled & minced)
- ▢1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or oregano (I used herbs de Provence)
- ▢½ teaspoon dried red chile flakes
- ▢½ teaspoon salt
- ▢½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half (about 25 olives)
- ▢2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-quart (If you use a larger slow cooker, check after 4 hours on LOW as it will cook more quickly.)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast and ¼ of the olive/tomato mixtureSubstitutions & VariationsNo chicken breasts? Boneless skinless chicken thighs are a great substitute. They are less prone to overcooking making them a good choice if you want a dish that can hang out longer in the crockpot. Pork chops would be good also.No cherry tomatoes? Chopped fresh roma tomatoes would be good. Canned diced tomatoes or stewed tomatoes would work tooGarnishes? Grated or shaved Parmesan or crumbled feta would be good as would a sprinkling of fresh chopped Italian parsley. We enjoyed it with a drizzle of good balsamic vinegar.3*SmartPoints (Green plan)
1*SmartPoints (Blue plan)1*SmartPoints
(Purple plan)5*PointsPlus (Old plan)Nutrition FactsSkinny Slow Cooker Chicken PuttanescaAmount Per Serving (1 /4th recipe)Calories 192Calories from Fat 72% Daily Value*Fat 8g12%Carbohydrates 13g4%Fiber 2g8%Protein 23g46%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000