With just a handful of ingredients, this lightened-up carbonara is a dinner-time hero. It has all the taste of the creamy Italian classic without the Syns!
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Small handful of fresh chives, finely snipped
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 6 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed
- 2 level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan
- Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season lightly and stir in the fromage frais, 1 level tbsp Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Divide the spaghetti between 4 bowls, then divide over the remaining Parmesan and chives. Serve hot.