- 1.5 pounds chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (pulp should be strained out)
- 2 tsp orange zest or zest from 1 orange
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or lite soy sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon corn starch or arrowroot or coconut flour
- ½ tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Put the chopped chicken breasts at the bottom of your slow cooker. Slowly pour the orange juice over the chicken and then add the orange zest, coconut aminos and garlic. Give this mixture an extra stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (high for 3 hours). With 15 minutes remaining remove the chicken and whisk in the 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce. Fee free to add more/less flour until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add chicken back to the slow cooker, stir and coat chicken with sauce, and allow it to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and top with red chili flakes for a little extra spice!
Recipe note: For a bit of crispiness, you can carefully transfer cooked chicken to a roasting pan and broil for 2 – 3 minutes, then add chicken back to the slow cooker before serving.Advertisements
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup (approximately 1 chicken breast per person) |Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 8.6 g | Saturated Fat: 2.3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 101 mg | Sodium: 630 mg | Carbohydrates: 10.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 5.5 g | Protein: 34.4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6