This 20-minute pasta recipe with chicken and grape tomatoes is bursting with flavor and is easy to make. A great way to use those summer tomatoes!
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb), diced in 1 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dried basil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 8 oz spaghetti, gluten-free or whole wheat
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes.
- When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with good grated cheese.
Serving: 11/2 cups, Calories: 330kcal, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 50mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 5gBlue Smart Points:7Green Smart Points:9Purple Smart Points:2Points +:9