I love strawberry desserts! This strawberry cobbler is no exception.
The good news is this strawberry cobbler is only 2 Freestyle points per serving. It’s hard to believe, but it’s true.
The main thing I did to lower the points of this tasty dish was to cut way back on the butter. Some cobbler recipes use an entire stick of butter. That would be 40 points!
I only used 1 tablespoon of butter, which is 5 points. The trick was to cut it into small pieces and spread all over the cobbler.
Overall this recipe comes together pretty fast, but it takes 45 minutes to bake.
I used my strawberry slicer to cut up 1 lb. of fresh strawberries. It seems like such a silly little gadget, but I use it all the time.
I was able to slice up all of my strawberries in just a couple of minutes. I put the strawberries in a bowl, then sprinkled some granulated Splenda on them and mixed them up.
I sprayed an 8×8 baking dish with no-stick cooking spray and added the strawberries.
Next I added the flour, skim milk, vanilla extract and granulated Splenda to a mixing bowl. You mix all of the ingredients together, but be careful not to overmix. It’s ok if it’s a little lumpy.
I poured the batter evenly over the strawberries. Then it was time to add the butter.
I cut 1 tablespoon of butter into a bunch of small pieces, then added it on top of the batter.
One tablespoon of butter goes a long way! I was pretty surprised.
Then the hard part, waiting for it to bake. It took 45 minutes until it was nice and golden brown. I let it cool for a couple of minutes before I served it.
I added some fat-free Reddi Wip, which was 0 points.
I loved this strawberry cobbler! I couldn’t believe it was only 2 Freestyle points for a serving.
Strawberry Cobbler – Weight Watchers Freestyle
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Yield: 9 Servings (2 Freestyle points per serving)Course: DessertKeyword: freestyle, weight watchers, WWFreestyleIngredients
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated Splenda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the strawberries and add them to a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated Splenda and mix together.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with no-stick cooking spray then add the strawberries.
- Add the self-rising flour, skim milk, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup granulated Splenda to a mixing bowl. Stir together until it is combined, but still slightly lumpy.
- Pour the batter evenly over the strawberries.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and put on top of the batter.
- Bake 45 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes.