- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs or gluten-free crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add celery and parsley and cook until soft, about 3-4 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, turkey, egg, onion mixture, breadcrumbs, ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper and allspice. Mix well and form into 16 meatballs.
- Add beef stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and slowly drop meatballs into the broth. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs with a slotted spoon and set aside in a serving dish. Strain the broth, transfer to a blender with cream cheese and blend until smooth. Return to the skillet with the meatballs and simmer
This makes 16 meatballs, nutritional info is based on 4 meatballs with gravy.Serving: 4meatballs, Calories: 293kcal, Carbohydrates: 8.5g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 131mg, Sodium: 784mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3gBlue Smart Points:7Green Smart Points:8Purple Smart Points:7Points +:7