This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and
Weight Watchers friendly
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa per serving (when using lentils or a meat substitute)
WW Smart Points – 15
Author: Slimming Eats
- 450g (1lb) of extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tin of kidney beans (or black beans), drained
- 360ml (1.5 cups) of passata
- 480ml (2 cups) of stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (add more of less depending on how much heat you prefer)
- 250g (9oz) of pasta of your choice (I used fusilli), gluten free pasta can be used
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar (4xHEa’s), grated
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Spray a pan over a medium high heat with olive oil spray
- Add onion and fry till softened.
- Add ground beef and garlic and cook until browned.
- Add in the chopped peppers, passata, stock, tomato paste, spices, herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30mins until sauce thickens. Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in black beans and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Cook pasta in boiling hot water until al dente, drain and mix together with the Mexican beef mix.
- Place in a oven proof dish and top with the grated cheddar.
- Bake in oven till cheese has melted and is golden, approx 30 mins.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used
for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving size: 1 Calories: 586 Fat: 12.2g Saturated fat: 6.7g Carbohydrates: 79.4g Sugar: 6.4g Sodium: 803.7mg Fibre: 11.1g Protein: 25g Cholesterol: 33.6mg