This easy stir-fry recipe for Chinese Chicken and Broccoli in a brown sauce is quick, easy and on the table in just 30 minutes – what more could you ask for? Affordable, easy to cook and healthy, chicken is as popular in Chinese cuisine – from takeout classics to authentic street food – as it is across the globe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb snow peas, cut in half
- 1/2 c cashews
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp white wine
- 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp oil
1. In a large bowl combine chicken with cornstarch and soy sauce, stir well and let sit at least 5 minutes.
2. Clean, cut and prepare all ingredients ahead of time, including sauce mixture.
3. In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, heat oil, add chicken and quickly stir-fry until done, 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate.Advertisements
5. Add sliced green pepper and mushrooms to pan and stir-fry 2 minutes.
6. Add pea pods and nuts, stir fry 2 more minutes and add ginger and cayenne.
7. Return chicken to pan with vegetables, add sauce and stir.
8. Cover skillet and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Serve over boiled white rice.