This week I had serious cravings for Garlic Bread. There are various options out there for making a Slimming World friendly garlic bread, but none really cut it when those cravings get the better of you.
I’ve had great success making bread using my healthy extra of oats. So far I have given you these amazing recipes:
and had the great idea to have a go at a Pull-Apart Garlic Bread.
prep 15 mins
cook 50 mins
total 1 hour, 5 mins
author slimming eats
yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- Original – 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- WW Smart Points – 9 per serving
- Gluten Free – use gluten free oats/baking powder
- 120g/3oz of Porridge Oats – (3 x HEb’s)
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 120g of Fat-Free Plain Greek Yoghurt
- Spray oil
- 50g mozzarella, grated – (1 HEa), grated
- 60g of strong white cheddar, grated – (2XHEa’s)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- fresh finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Blend the oats in a blender or food processor until a fine powder.
- Add to a bowl with the baking powder, a pinch of salt, Greek yoghurt and eggs.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour in the mixture and place in the oven, bake for 40 mins, skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Increase oven temp to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cheddar, mozzarella, garlic cloves, fresh parsley to a bowl, and crumble all together with clean hands.
- Once bread is cool, using a sharp knife, cut slits diagonally (making sure not to go all the way through the bread), carefully pull slits open, season with a little salt and spray with a little spray oil.
- Stuff with the cheese garlic mixture.
- Place back in the dish and bake for approx 10-12 minutes, cheese should be melted and lightly golden.
- Serve warm, dig in, pull-apart and enjoy!!
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
1.5 tsps of baking powder is less than 0.5 syns- so for that reason the amount of baking powder in a serving used is negligible.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving (1/3 of the bread)
|Amount Per Serving|