- 1lb extra lean ground turkey (I used the kind from Jennie-O)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of allspice
- Mix together all the spices in a small bowl. Then place the turkey in a medium sized bowl, add in the spices, and combine all ingredients using hands.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium heat. Form ground turkey into 8 patties, and place in pan. Cook until meat is no longer pink and is browned evenly on both sides. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- *I also use a lid to cover the pan while they are cooking to help them cook through the center better, and to help keep moisture in the meat, as extra lean turkey can be pretty dry.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 sausage patty
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 79 calories; 2.5g fat; 1g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 0g fiber