- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour (I use GOLD MEDAL)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup baking sugar Replacement or points white granulated sugar Replacement (I use LAKANTO MONKFRUIT BAKING SWEETENER)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Big eggs or 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup skim or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- And we’ll need 10 Tbsp no sugar added chocolate chips ( I use LAKANTO sugarless chocolate chips)
- Line 18 MUFFIN CUPS with foil or paper liners. If you do not have muffin liners-spray the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Put aside.
- Stir to blend.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together unsweetened almond milk or skim milk.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Gently combine the wet mix into the dry ingredients and stir fry till JUST combined.
- Fill the muffin liners evenly ( 1/2 manner ) with batter and then sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or till the center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted into it.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (sugar substitute) which can be used in this recipe is not at any point. Please remember mind-the point value may fluctuate based upon the kind of sugar replacement you opt to utilize.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener includes a 1:1 ratio to actual sugar. If you use another sugar replacement you are going to want to utilize the equal to actual sugar that’s advocated on the rear of the sugar replacement bundle.
- The general point value per serving is the exact same no matter in the event that you use unsweetened almond milk or skim milk.
- With this recipe- it is possible to use wheat, wheat flour, almond flour, all-purpose pasta, or self-rising flour (which will include a few baking powder or bicarbonate of soda that helps create the loaf or muffins rise)
- After studying and making my foundation bread recipes per zillion times, I have managed to master the feel and flavor. I love to utilize self-rising flour combined with 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda. The additional baking powder and soda create this loaf or cakes grow better and also make them soft and nice. Now, there is a nice line here because a lot of baking powder or soda could create the loaf or muffins to sink and collapse once removed from the toaster. Consequently, if that will happen-simply decrease or omit the 1 teaspoon baking soda and soda.
SERVINGS: Makes 18 regular muffins
2 PersonalPoints* for 1 muffin
*This number shows the PersonalPoints™ range. The points will vary based on your individualized plan.