- ▢4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- ▢½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ▢¼ teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- ▢2 medium uncooked carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- ▢1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced and then chopped
- ½ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- ▢1 cup chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
- ▢2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ▢2 tablespoons fresh dill (or more to taste)
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots, fennel and orzo; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, with a lid partially covering the pot, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in lemon juice and dill. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, dill, and/or lemon juice as necessary to suit your tastes.