- 1 lb mild Italian turkey sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I used Preggo Heart Smart)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices of turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain any access fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to 13×9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and arrange pepperoni over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time to 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
- Slice the casserole into 8 equal portions, serving size: 1 piece or slice of casserole.
MyWW points: Blue: 11; Green: 11; Purple: 11