PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
- 6 ( 4 oz.) chicken breast, raw
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 Tbsp Land lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) can FRENCH ONION SOUP ( I use CAMPBELL’S)
- 1/2 cup fat-free or light mozzarella (I use Market Pantry reduced-fat mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan (or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
- When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into prepared skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown. Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the can of French onion soup. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
- If using a CAST IRON SKILLET PAN top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven-safe baking dish and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
- Place skillet or baking dish in a preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- In order to calculate the smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the WW recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero-point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 208TOTAL FAT: 8gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 73mgSODIUM: 257mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 40g
This Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake is so easy to make and a lip-smacking delicious-seasoned chicken breast smothered in a french onion soup and topped with light mozzarella.
FOR SERVINGS: MAKES 6 ( 1 CHICKEN BREAST AND 1/4 CUP ONIONS AND SAUCE) SERVINGS
GREEN PLAN: 4 Smartpoints per serving
BLUE PLAN: 2 Smartpoints per serving
PURPLE PLAN: 2 Smartpoints per serving
WHAT MAKES THIS WEIGHT WATCHERS FRENCH ONION CHICKEN SO FLAVORFUL?
Marinating chicken breasts can make a big difference to the flavor of the chicken before grilling it. And I have to admit … French onion soup really takes this recipe to the next level !!
HOW TO MAKE THIS FRENCH ONION CHICKEN BAKE?
To make this Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake you will:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet pan ( or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set aside. Using the same skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray. ( yup, I forgot to snap a pic of this)
Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Then put the chicken in a prepared frying pan. For 5-7 minutes, cook over medium heat, on both sides, or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
Add the onions again to the skillet along with the chicken breasts.
Then pour in the can of French onion soup.
Cook chicken and onion together in soup over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese.
(otherwise transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven-safe baking dish and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
Place skillet or baking dish in the preheated oven.
Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.