- ▢2 pounds lean stew beef
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ▢1-½ cups beef broth
- ▢½ cup tomato sauce (4 ounces canned)
- ▢4 medium red potatoes, cut in cubes
- ▢2 medium onions, sliced into wedges
- ▢1 cup baby carrots
- ▢2 cups frozen corn kernels
- ▢2 cans (about 15 ounces each) cut canned string beans, drained
- ▢4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ▢2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ▢¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, then toss with the flour to coat the meat.
- Grease the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, potatoes, onions, carrots, corn, green beans, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.