If you are short on time in the evenings, and are following the Weight Watchers plan, you will love this Weight Watchers Salsa Chicken Make Ahead Freezer Meal. It is zero points on the Freestyle program without the cheese. If you add cheese, adjust points accordingly.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Add 2 pounds of cut up chicken breasts to a gallon zip top bag along with the salsa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, garlic powder and cumin.
- Remove any air from the bag and squeeze it shut and seal the bag. Store the bag in the freezer lying flat.
- When you are ready to cook your meal, simply open up the bag, dump the contents into the crock pot and discard the bag. Set the crock pot to cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Optional: If you would like, when you have 30 minutes left in the cooking time, add 1 cup of shredded cheese to top and continue cooking. You can use cheddar or a Mexican blend. If you add cheese, please adjust the point value and calorie value.
Weight Watchers Salsa Chicken Make Ahead Freezer Meal
Amount Per Serving
Calories 249Calories from Fat 45% Daily Value*Fat 5g8%Saturated Fat 1g6%Cholesterol 96mg32%Sodium 405mg18%Potassium 801mg23%Carbohydrates 16g5%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 4g4%Protein 35g70%Vitamin A 380IU8%Vitamin C 6.2mg8%Calcium 19mg2%Iron 1.1mg