- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup margarine
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Step 2In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Step 3Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.
- Step 4Make frosting while brownies cool. Melt together the 6 tablespoons of cocoa and margarine; set aside to cool.
- Step 5Meanwhile, blend together the confectioners’ sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.