- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey, or maple syrup (use maple for low FODMAP)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 2 mashed ripe bananas , about 1 cup, , – the darker/spottier the better
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free, paleo friendly chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla, honey (or maple) and the oil to the eggs, mixing thoroughly. In a separate small bowl mash the bananas removing as many lumps as you can. Stir in the mashed bananas in with the egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl: (tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Optional: save a few chocolate chips to sprinkle over the top of the muffin batter just before baking.
- Scoop the batter out and into the prepared muffins tins. Fill about 3/4 of the way full. Drop a few extra chocolate chips over the batter and bake in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. To check for doneness – insert a toothpick or a knife in the centre of any muffin. If it comes out clean without any crumbs they’re done.
- Let muffins cool for about 10 minutes before removing and enjoy!