- 6 oz Ronzoni Smart taste noodles, or no-yolk
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 oz shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar, Sargento
- cooking spray
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat
- Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook on medium heat until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and a little salt, sauté and cover the broccoli for about 3 minutes on medium heat until the broccoli begins to soften. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 9 x 12 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium-low heat, when melted add the shallot and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined over medium heat; whisk well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 6-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add reduced fat sharp cheddar and 1 tablespoon of the parmesan cheese; mix well until the cheese melts.
- Add the shredded chicken, noodles and broccoli to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Spray a little more cooking spray on top and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes. Place the casserole under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp and golden (careful not to burn).
Serving: 1/6th, Calories: 313kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 10g, Sodium: 256.5mg, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 2.5gFreestyle Points: 7Points +: 8