Wheaties Coconut Cookies Recipe
I modified a recipe for Wheaties Coconut Cookies from an old 1965 cookie recipe booklet, to make them a bit lighter. I cut the amount of butter and sugar in half. They still turned out crispy, chewy and sweet thanks to the coconut and Wheaties.PREP TIME15 MINSCOOK TIME12 MINSTOTAL TIME27 MINSServings (adjustable): Calories: 70Author: Martha | Simple Nourished Living
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups Wheaties cereal
Report this ad
- Adjust an oven rack to the center position and preheat oven to 375F degrees. Lightly grease your cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder until well blended.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the coconut until well distributed throughout the dough.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until well blended.
- Stir in the Wheaties cereal, mixing just until blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake, one cookie sheet at a time, in the center of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for a minute and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, being sure to allow cookie sheets to cool completely before using them again. (I often rinse the backsides under cool water to speed up the process.)