- 1 1/2 cups (6 or 7 large lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 16 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large zip- top plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal the bag. Chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the bag; discard the marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on your grill rack; cook 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 7 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints per serving of two chicken thighs.
- *When I make recipes using chicken thighs, I like to spend a little more money and get some nicer quality, organic chicken at Whole Foods or a similar place. Regular thighs tend to have SO much fat on them. The organic will have a more meaty portion. Cut off any extra fat.
- *Alternately, these chicken thighs may be cooked under the oven broiler.