Low carb Mexican food in the form of a taco casserole! My whole family loves this tasty twist on taco night!
This low carb taco casserole is such an easy dinner and my whole family enjoys it. It whips up in minutes and makes 6 servings with 5 net carbs each. You’re going to love this one!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning or homemade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated pepperjack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onio and jalapeno to the beef and cook until onion is translucent. Drain any grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and salsa and stir to combine.
- Crack the eggs in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together with the hot sauce and heavy cream.
- Pour the meat mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition FactsLow Carb Taco CasseroleAmount Per ServingCalories 406Calories from Fat 252% Daily Value*Fat 28g43%Saturated Fat 16g100%Cholesterol 196mg65%Sodium 1226mg53%Carbohydrates 5g2%Sugar 1g1%Protein 30g60%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.