WW Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Breads
(193 calories | 8 8 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Check out these low fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves. Aren’t they cute?
The recipe for these low-fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves is from my old Fannie Merritt Farmer Boston Cooking School Cookbook, 10th Edition from 1959, the cookbook my mother used most often when I was growing up. When I compared it to a recipe in my Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, it was even lower in fat and calories, so I decided to give it a try.
I love cranberry bread. For me, the holidays wouldn’t be complete without it.
HOW MANY CALORIES/WW POINTS IN THESE LOW FAT CRANBERRY MINI BREADS?
According to my calculations, each serving has 193 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To lower the calories and WW Points further you could try substituting your favorite no calorie or low calorie sweetener such as Splenda or Truvia (affiliate link).
Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
These low fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves are an old-fashioned low fat cranberry bread baked in mini loaf pans.PREP TIME20 MINSCOOK TIME40 MINSTOTAL TIME1 HRServings (adjustable): Calories: 193Author: Martha | Simple Nourished Living
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat 3 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until well blended. Add the orange zest, orange juice, water and butter and stir until well combined. Add the cranberries and walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda until well blended. (Be sure to whisk up your flour before measuring and then gently spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off with the straight edge of a knife or spatula, without shaking or packing it down. This prevents you from using too much flour.)
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the three prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. (Mine were done in 35 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans set on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove loaves from the pans and set them directly on the wire racks to cool completely.
8*SmartPoints (Green plan)8*SmartPoints (Blue plan)8*SmartPoints (Purple plan)5*PointsPlus (Old plan)Nutrition FactsLow Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread LoavesAmount Per Serving (1 /12th recipe)Calories 193Calories from Fat 68% Daily Value*Fat 7.5g12%Carbohydrates 28.5g10%Fiber 1g4%Protein 3.6g7%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Course: Breakfast, Brunch, SnackCuisine: AmericanKeyword: low fat holiday cranberry bread, mini cranberry bread