- 3 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin (such as Jell-O)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Position one oven rack in the top third of the oven and the other rack on the bottom third of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 275F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer speed to high and pour in the gelatin and then the sugar in a slow, steady stream.
- Continue to beat until the egg whites are stiff and shiny about 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the vanilla.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the meringue spaced about 1-1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the meringues until the are firm on the outside but still soft on the inside, about 30 minutes. (Or if you prefer crisper cookies, bake them for about 40 minutes.)
- Slide the sheets of parchment with the cookies on them to wire racks to cool for about 5 minutes, then carefully peel the meringues from the parchment.
- These Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
To successfully make meringues – make sure you have just the whites, no egg yolks in your mixture and make sure your bowl and beaters are really, really clean and free of any traces of oil.Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *0Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *1