- 1/2 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey (99% Lean)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoons Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce Can kidney beans, drained
- Salt to Taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottom pot. Add in the onion and red pepper and saute until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the ground turkey and the garlic and cook the turkey until it is cooked through.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and season with salt to taste.
- Let simmer, covered, for 1 hour to let the flavors develop. Serve
- Crockpot: Add all ingredients to the crockpot (omit oil), and stir to combine. Add in 1 teaspoon of salt and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Season with salt to taste and serve.
- Instant Pot: add all of the ingredients to the instant pot (breaking up the ground turkey) with 1 cup of water, seal the lid, and cook on hi pressure for 15 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Release the rest of the pressure with a quick release, season with salt to taste, and serve.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g