This protein-packed bowl of oatmeal, sweetened with ripe banana and just a touch of maple syrup, uses vanilla protein shake and egg whites to add more protein and make the oats creamy.
PREP TIME:5minutes mins
COOK TIME:5minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:10minutes mins
- 1 medium ripe banana (halved)
- 1/3 cup quick oats ((check lables for gluten-free))
- 2/3 cup liquid Orgain’s vanilla protein shake
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 5 grams chopped walnuts
- Slice half of the banana and set aside.
- Mash the other half of the banana with a fork and place it into a small pot with oats, protein shake and egg whites and mix well.
- Cook medium-low and stir until it comes to a boil, once it boils continue cooking until thickened, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and top with remaining banana, chopped walnuts and maple syrup.
- If you prefer to use powdered protein, prepare as instructed and use 2/3 cup powder.
- Sub chopped pecans or almonds for the walnuts
- Switch out the maple syrup with agave or honey.
Serving: 1bowl, Calories: 388kcal, Carbohydrates: 63.5g, Protein: 18.5g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 9.5mg, Sodium: 203mg, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugar: 23g
– WW Points: 5