This Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is one those recipes that should be on everyone’s dinner rotation!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME4 hours
ADDITIONAL TIME2 hours 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME6 hours 35 minutes
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sugar free BBQ sauce – I use G Hughes Sugar Free Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar substitute – I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and place seasoned chicken breasts in your crockpot.
- In a small mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar substitute. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Close lid.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours on low.
- Remove lid, using 2 forks shred chicken-to allow chicken to absorb the remaining sauce. Cook on low for another 20 minutes.
- Turn the slow cooker off and let the shredded chicken sit in the sauce for 20-30 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken before serving.
- Serve on top of a low point hamburger bun, mini Hawaiian rolls or on top of a bed of lettuce.
Makes 6 ( 1/2 cup) servings
0 Points® per serving