So you want a cheeseburger with all the fixings, but you’re fixing to be healthy? This colorful meal has your name written all over it.
Uncooked extra lean ground beef 96 % lean 4% fat
1 small, finely chopped
Chopped romaine lettuce
6 cup(s), shredded
4 medium, diced
Kosher dill pickle sandwich slice(s)
15 slice(s), divided
Reduced-fat cheddar cheese
8 Tbsp, shredded
Uncooked red onion(s)
6 thin slice(s), optional
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add the beef and salt. Reserve 1 tbsp of the yellow onion and add the remaining yellow onion to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 1½ cups lettuce each in 4 medium bowls. Top each bowl with a quarter of the tomato, 3 pickle slices, 2 tbsp cheese, and the red onion (if using).
- In a small bowl, stir the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and reserved 1 tbsp yellow onion. Finely chop the remaining 3 dill pickle slices and add to the bowl.
- Divide the beef mixture among the bowls of lettuce. Serve with the special sauce.
- Serving size: 1 bowl (about 2 cups)