Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole packed with fresh spinach, beef, and cheese then combined with cauliflower rice and baked.
Servings : 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 ounces fresh baby spinach
1 package (10 ounces) frozen cauliflower rice, cooked according to the directions on the package
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon dried basil
2 to 3 tablespoons milk, if needed*
8 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese, or any other shredded cheese that you have/prefer
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add ground beef; season with Italian Seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook until beef is completely browned.
- Add in spinach – you might have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your skillet – cook, stirring frequently, for 1 more minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat, drain liquid from the skillet, and set aside.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish combine cooked cauliflower rice, sour cream, butter, and dried basil; stir and mix until completely combined and creamy. If sour cream and butter aren’t melting completely, stir in some milk. (The cauliflower rice should be warm enough to melt the butter.)
- Add prepared beef mixture to the baking dish; stir until everything is completely incorporated.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes before cutting and serving.
NET CARBS: 10 g
Serving: 10 ounces | Calories: 553 kcal | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Protein: 43 g | Fat: 38 g | Saturated Fat: 14 g | Cholesterol: 120 mg | Sodium: 314 mg | Potassium: 982 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 4556 IU | Vitamin C: 49 mg | Calcium: 274 mg | Iron: 5 mg | Net Carbs: 10 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.