- 12 skinless boneless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond, coconut, or soy milk
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp powdered sugar or powdered sugar substitute-I like to use Lakanto Monkfruit powdered sweetener.
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk or 2 Tbsp egg beaters
- 1 tsp dry parsley or 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. In a large mixing bowl combine, chicken tenders, pickle juice, and unsweetened almond milk. Toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken tenders from bag. Discard juice and pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, if cooking them in the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and by unsweetened almond milk. Set aside.
- In large shallow plate, combine flour, breadcrumbs, powdered sugar, paprika, parsley, and garlic powder. Stir to well combine.
- Coat each chicken piece with egg mixture. Then evenly coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Place coated chicken strips into prepared air fryer or baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the chicken strips with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until golden or bake in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Toss or flip the tenders over half way through.
- Store any leftover chicken strips in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and use them within 3 days. Reheat chicken tenders in the air fryer at 360° degrees for 4-6 minutes.
1 WW Points® for 2 tenders, 3 WW Points® for 4 tenders, or 4 WW Points® for 6 tenders
Skinny Chick-fil-A sauce:
- 1/4 cup Kraft light mayo
- 1 Tbsp sugar free BBQ sauce- I like Baby Rays no sugar added BBQ sauce or G Hughes Original sugar free BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp G Hughes sugar free honey mustard
6 Tablespoons / 1 Point per Tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 72TOTAL FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 6mgSODIUM: 312mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 7gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 3g