Keto chocolate mousse is a 5-ingredient recipe made with everyday ingredients. It’s a low carb mousse that whips up quickly to enjoy as a dessert or snack.
You’ll want to keep a supply of heavy cream, gelatin, and cocoa in stock as this easy low carb sugar free chocolate mousse is much better than any boxed mix.CourseDessert CuisineAmerican Keywordlow carb chocolate dessert, sugar free chocolate mousse Prep Time5 minutes Chill Time30 minutes Total Time5 minutes Servings4 people Calories223kcal AuthorLisa | Low Carb Yum
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin or 1 packet gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic White more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- In small cup, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- Stir together sweetener and cocoa in medium bowl. Then add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally if needed, until mixture is thickened. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
The original recipe used one packet of gelatin which is about 2.25 to 2.5 teaspoons of gelatin or about 1/4 ounce. However, you can use anywhere from 1 to 2.5 teaspoons of gelatin depending how stiff you want the mousse. For those who have been on low carb for a while, 1/4 cup sweetener will likely be too much. So adjust this as needed. I prefer to use about 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition FactsKeto Chocolate MousseAmount Per Serving (0.25 recipe)Calories 223Calories from Fat 198% Daily Value*Total Fat 22g34%Saturated Fat 14g70%Cholesterol 81mg27%Sodium 26mg1%Potassium 126mg4%Total Carbohydrates 4g1%Dietary Fiber 1g4%Sugars 0gProtein 3g6%Vitamin A17.5%Vitamin C0.4%Calcium4.6%Iron4.1%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.