A healthy and classic Italian appetizer or dinner recipe with 2 W/W Freestyle Points and 5 Smart Points
5 from 1 vote
TOTAL TIME6HOURS HRS 35MINUTES MINS
- Slow Cooker
- Large Saucepan
- 1 can kidney beans – 15 oz drained
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 large carrots diced
- 28 oz canned crushed tomato
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ tsp thyme dried
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups spinach fresh, chopped
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- In a Crock pot, add kidney beans, broth, tomato, onions, zucchini, green beans, carrot, and celery. Stir to combine. Stir in garlic, parsley, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on low setting for approx 6 – 8 hours.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook macaroni, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm, 8 minutes; drain.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Don’t overcook pasta. It should be cooked, but firm.
- Add macaroni and spinach to minestrone; cook an additional 15 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Put spinach and pasta in the slow cooker. Cook approx 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
My W/W Points: 2 Blue Plan and 5 Green Plan
2 W/W Freestyle Points and 5 Smart Points