- 1 lb ground chicken weighed raw
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 cups pasta sauce I used my zero point veggie pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups of pasta Included picture of my brand, SP for pasta was 24 to compare
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- In a large frying pan or skillet (I used a saute pan) cook your ground chicken, add in a dash of salt & pepper and 1 tsp italian seasoning. Remove chicken from pan once it is cooked.
- Add in diced garlic *I sprayed the bottom of the pan with a little cooking spray, let the garlic cook a few minutes then add in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium-low.
- Add in pasta and chicken, let cook for about 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked to liking.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, 1 tsp italian seasoning and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and serve.
- Makes 6- 1 cup servings, pasta will freeze well.
- *Feel free to bulk it up by adding in some vegetables, add them when you put the garlic in the pan.
Nutritional info per serving… Calories 287…Fat 4.6g…Sat fat 1.6g…Carbs 35g…Fiber 5g…Sugar 3.1g..Protein 26.1g *Includes all ingredients, using My Fitness Pal