- 1 cup self-rising flour – I use Gold Medal brand
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt – I use Fage or Trader Joe’s
- 2 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup Jimmy Dean fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 1/2 cup light cheese – I use Trader Joe’s lite 3 cheese blend or Velveeta Shreds
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and Greek yogurt. Stir until combined.
- Using a spatula stir in 1 whole egg and mix until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Fold in sausage crumbles and cheese.
- Using a spoon, scoop dough and drop dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat steps until 12 biscuits are formed.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 whole egg with 1 Tbsp water to make egg wash. Using a basting brush, brush the tops of the biscuits with egg wash. The egg wash helps make the tops of the biscuits lightly brown.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until biscuits are lightly brown.
Makes 12 drop biscuits
2 Points per biscuit
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 79TOTAL FAT: 2.1gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 52mgSODIUM: 312mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8.8gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 6.3g