This healthy pancake recipe is going to become a family favorite, whether you’re on Weight Watchers or not. Each fluffy pancake has just one SmartPoint—and no banana!
READY IN: 20minsSERVES:2YIELD:6 pancakesUNITS:US
- 3⁄4cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2cup fat-free buttermilk or 1/2 cup skim milk, with 1/2 tsp lemon juice mixed in
- 1egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 – 1 1⁄2teaspoon no-cal artificial sweetener
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Note: Batter will be kinda thick. If it is too thick for you, add a tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray.
- Spoon two good sized heaping tablespoon fulls of the batter into the skillet per pancake and spread out slightly. Let cook like a regular pancake and then flip, allowing to cook another minuet or so. Serve!
- Dietary Info:
- Per pancake: 67 calories; 2 gm fiber; trace fat (1pt).
- for three pancakes: 202 calories; 6 gm fiber, 1 gm fat (3pts).