This Whole30 Italian Wedding Soup is the perfect cozy, healthy dinner It’s gluten free, grain free and dairy free but packed with flavor and veggies!
CourseMain Course CuisineAmerican Keywordhealthy italian wedding soup, whole30 soup recipes Prep Time15 minutes Cook Time45 minutes Total Time1 hour Servings6 people Calories210kcal WW Freestyle Points 2 AuthorThe Clean Eating Couple
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped finely
For the soup:
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups carrots sliced in small circles
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped finely
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 64 oz chicken stock (2 quarts)
- 2 cups spinach chopped, off to the side
- 2 cups zucchini noodles chopped, off to the side
- Preheat oven to 450
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients for meatballs until combined.
- On a lined cookie sheet (I use parchment paper), drop 1/4 inch round meatballs. They can be fairly close together as they do not spread. You can make the meatballs slightly bigger, but I prefer them smaller!
- Bake meatballs for 10 minutes, until golden brown
- While meatballs are cooking, in a large pot, heat olive oil. Add onions, celery, garlic + carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes until onions start to soften.
- Add cooked meatballs, remaining spices, and chicken stock to the pot. Do NOT add the chopped spinach + zucchini noodles to the pot! Cook the soup on high for 30 minutes.
- Once soup is cooked, stir in chopped spinach + serve over zucchini noodles
Can you make this Whole30 Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot/slow cooker?Yes, you can make this soup in the crockpot. Add cooked meatballs + all soup ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. (You can give your veggies a quick sauté before adding to the pot if you have time, but if not – don’t worry about it!)
Nutrition FactsWhole30 Italian Wedding SoupAmount Per Serving (2 cups)Calories 210Calories from Fat 72% Daily Value*Fat 8g12%Saturated Fat 2g13%Cholesterol 69mg23%Sodium 193mg8%Potassium 730mg21%Carbohydrates 12g4%Fiber 4g17%Sugar 5g6%Protein 23g46%Vitamin A 8996IU180%Vitamin C 25mg30%Calcium 60mg6%Iron 2mg1