Yield: 12 Apple Pie Crepes (2 Freestyle points per crepe)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the apple filling:
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the flour, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a blender. Mix together until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- While the batter is resting add the apples and lemon juice to a saucepan. Cook on medium heat.
- Add the Splenda and cinnamon to a small bowl and stir together. Add the cinnamon mixture and the brown sugar to the apples. Let the apple mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat an 8″ non-stick skillet for 5 minutes.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add 1/4 cup of batter. Quickly turn the pan in all directions so the batter covers the entire pan.
- Let cook for about one minute. Use a rubber spatula to lift up the edge of the crepe and check if the bottom is cooked. Then flip over the crepe and let it cook another 20 seconds.
- Add about 1/4 cup of apple mixture to each crape.