bl: 6 gr: 6 pur:6 SP 204 Calories
PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME:15 mins
TOTAL TIME:25 mins
YIELD:6SERVINGSCOURSE:Dinner, Side Dish
Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts swaps out pasta for shredded Brussels sprouts in this low-carb take on the Italian classic.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 ounces shredded Brussels sprouts, see Note
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the olive oil, pepper, and red pepper flakes together until toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, without stirring, until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Season with the salt, and cook until the Brussels sprouts just begin to char, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the Parmesan, lemon zest, and hazelnuts.
- Serve warm, topped with more fresh Parmesan, if desired.
Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 204kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 16.5mg, Sodium: 591.5mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 2gBlue Smart Points:6Green Smart Points:6Purple Smart Points:6