Yield: 4 servings (3 points per serving for purple, 5 points per serving for blue and green)Ingredients
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. potatoes, chopped into small, bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- Melt butter in a large pot, then add carrots, celery and onions. Saute for a few minutes, then add the minced garlic. Stir and saute one more minute.
- Push vegetables to the side and add the diced ham. Cook until the ham gets slightly crispy (optional).
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes and parsley. Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the flour to a bowl then slowly whisk in the milk. Add the mixture to the soup and cook 5 more minutes.