- 50 gm Finger millet flour Ragi
- 50 gm Whole Wheat Flour Atta
- 20 gm Oats
- 60 gm Jaggery Powder
- 80 gm Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbs Milk
- In a non-stick pan, dry roast the finger millet flour (ragi flour) on low flame for about 10 minutes This will help to remove the raw smell or taste of the flour. Transfer it into a bowl and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients by adding butter into it.
- Add 1 tbs milk at a time and start binding the dough.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap and let it rest in refrigerator for 30 min.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 160 °C .
- Shape the refrigerated dough into small balls. Flatten each dough ball between the palms and place on a baking tray by leaving so space in between.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- After baking, let the cookies cool down completely on a wired rack.
- Ragi cookies with Jaggery are ready to be served.
- Don’t forget to dry roast the finger millet flour, else you will get the earthen flavour in the cookies after baking.
- Do not over knead the dough. Just bind it gently.
- Use cold butter for the recipe.
- Resting the dough in refrigerator helps to get crunchy cookies.
- In case you don’t have jaggery, use 50 gm of powdered sugar.
- Substituting unsalted butter with salted butter will change the texture as well as flavour of the cookies.
- To get crispy cookies, roll the dough thinner.
- Add milk to the dough accordingly. The dough should be hard and firm.
- Always bake cookies in a preheated oven.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container.