I hope your new year is off to a great start! Whatever your goals are this year, I sincerely hope you reach them. I haven’t yet written down my goals for the year, but it’s on my to-do list right after I finish this new Green Chili Egg Casserole recipe post! Although I don’t write all my goals and ideas down, I know putting pen to paper and visualizing goals really helps keep them within reach.
Now, because getting in shape and losing weight is such a popular resolution, I’d like to give you a tip. Lets pretend I can only give you one, to help you in the new year…Here its goes. No matter what your diet consists of, Whole30 for January, macros with us, clean eating, keto, etc., make meal preparation a priority. I guarantee you, if you make heathy food for yourself and family, and keep it readily available in the fridge, you’ll not only look better, but you’ll feel better. If you want to create healthier habits this year, meal prep is a great place to start.
With all that said, one of the hardest, yet most important meals of the day, for people to meal prep for is breakfast. It can quickly get boring eating scrambled eggs or oatmeal everyday. I love this new breakfast recipe because it’s easy to make and it’s easy to throw in the microwave in the morning before work. I love having something ready for me in the fridge to just grab and go with, especially because I’m always rushing my kids out the door in the morning. ,
- 4 Cups Liquid Egg Whites (I used 2 Kirkland brand containers)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 2 Cups Low Fat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1 small bag)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (1 small bag)
- 1 4oz. Can Diced Green Chilies
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, beat egg whites and eggs for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine and break apart any clumps. Gradually add to egg mixture.
- Stir in cottage cheese, green chilies, and 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour into a lightly greased(I used Pam Spray) 13X9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until the center appears to be cooked through.
Green Chili Egg Casserole
Serves 1 Piece
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.3||12.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.8||2.6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.