- 1 box white cake mix white
- 1 12 oz can Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup dried, shredded coconut
- 1 cup Splenda (granular, for baking)
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Fat Free
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on cake mix (350° or 375° depending no brand.) Grease & flour two round cake pans, or spray with Baker’s Secret or Pam for Baking.
- Mix cake mix and Sprite. (Do not add the other ingredients called for on the cake mix box.) You can add a teaspoon of coconut extract/flavoring if you have it on hand, but it is not necessary. Pour into 2 prepared cake pans.
- Bake according to time on box (approx. 30 minutes) until lightly golden brown.
- While the cake bakes, prepare the filling. Mix the yogurt, Splenda, and shredded coconut. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of coconut for garnish if you wish.
- Refrigerate the filling mixture. Cool the cake layers to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight if possible.
- To construct the cake: Slice each layer in half horizontally to make 4 thin layers. Beat the filling mixture by hand to fluff a little and make less stiff.
- Place first layer on cake plate and top with approx. 1/4th of the filling mixture. Repeat this with each layer, so that you have 4 layers of cake with 3 layers of filling in between.
- Add the Cool Whip to the remaining 1/4th of the filling mixture. Mix by hand to make a fluffy frosting for the cake. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the mixture. Sprinkle the reserved coconut decoratively on the top of the cake. Refrigerate several hours or overnight if possible. Cut into 16 slices and serve.
Entire Recipe makes 16 servings
Serving size is one slice (1/16th of cake)
Each serving = 7 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value
**It is best to begin to prepare this cake a few days before it is needed in order to allow time to refrigerate it between steps and before serving.