I’m talking creamy, soft, delicious, cream cheese-y, cheesecake, not wobbly jelly on a dry base which unfortunately is often the way that Slimming World cheesecake go!
I made this completely Syn Free Cheesecake for my taster evening at Slimming World this week, and I have to say it went down really well…I was even surprised at how delicious it was and I made it! Obviously when I say syn free it doesn’t come without a little caveat, which is that per slice you use your Healthy Extra B and just a third of your Healthy Extra A…but that’s a very small price to pay for a proper cheesecake!
I’m not sure I can stress enough that this isn’t jelly on a cheesecake base, which frankly my last cheesecake was, this is made with cream cheese and quark (which you can’t taste I promise!). Regular full fat cheesecake is made with cream cheese and cream, so this is probably about as close as you’re going to get, unless some genius invents fat free cream some time soon! Cheese & Vegetable Savoury Picnic MuffinsPlay Video
Cheesecake is something which has taken a long time to creep up on me to be honest, and for most of my life I couldn’t eat it because to be honest the words ‘cheese’ and ‘cake’ sounded disgusting together. It wasn’t until I tried cream cheese icing for the first time (YUM!) that I realised I was being a moron and it wasn’t like my cake was about to be filled with Stilton!
Another exciting discovery that I made, which lead to the inception of this delicious cheesecake recipe, was that Sukrin do an icing sugar sweetener (buy it here)! This means it’s completely syn free, and removes the need for pots and pots of Muller Light, and completely changes the dynamic of the recipe.
Instead of needing tonnes of gelatin to stabilise a liquid mess, you just need enough to set the two kinds of cream cheese (Lightest Philadelphia and Fat Free Quark) which is the reason you’re not left with jelly! Rather, you end up with a creamy layer of yumminess, that your spoon slides through like butter and completely melts in the mouth! Deeee….licious!
I’ve made the base here out of the Special K Chewy Delight Bars which can be used as your Healthy Extra B, but you could equally use HiFi bars or another sticky Healthy Extra B bar of your choice. The key is that when they’re melted they’re still sticky because this removes the need to add extra butter and makes the base syn free when using it as your Healthy Extra B choice.
New Updated Information:
In accordance with Slimming World’s new rules the following information has changed:
- Philadelphia Lightest is no longer classed as a Healthy Extra A. Recipe calls for 360g which now equals 14 syns.
- Sweetener is now synned at 1/2syn per tablespoon. 200g Sukrin equals approximately 10tbsp which now equates to 5 syns.
Therefore, this recipe no longer counts as your Healthy Extra A and counts as just under 2 syns per slice plus your Healthy Extra A! Still pretty great fora proper cheesecake!
- 2x 180g Pots Philadelphia Lightest
- 1x 250g Pot Fat Free Quark
- 1x 200g Pack of Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar
- 1.5x Packet of Powdered Gelatin
- 50mls Boiling Water
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10x Special K Chewy Delight Bars (Healthy Extra B – or use equivalent HexB bar)
- 1x Punnet Raspberries
- 1x Punnet Strawberries
- Break up the cereal bars in to a microwave proof bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds until they’re soft and falling apart.
- Tip these into a round spring form cake tin (with a removable base) and press down to form a consistent base using your fingers and a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Dissolve your gelatin in the boiling water completely and let cool.
- Tip the Philadelphia Lightest, Quark, Icing Sugar, Gelatin and Vanilla Extract into a large mixing bowl and whisk together either using an electric whisk or a hand whisk.
- Chop half of the fruit into small pieces and stir these into the mixture.
- Remove your base from the fridge, line with halved strawberries (with the chopped middle facing outwards and pressing against the side of the cake tin).
- Pour in your cheesecake mix onto the base, cover with cling film and place on a level shelf in the fridge to set overnight.
- Just before you’re ready to eat the cheesecake, remove it from the fridge and top with the rest of the fresh fruit. Drizzle with Choc Shot if you want (add syns depending on how much you use).
- Serve immediately, it won’t last long!