Boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked in the crock pot with onions, garlic and Greek inspired seasonings until tender, then shredded and enhanced with a bit of Greek yogurt.
Stuffed into warm pitas and topped with fresh vegetables, enjoy these Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas for lunch or dinner anytime of year.
SKINNY ON SLOW COOKER GREEK CHICKEN PITAS
Tender and flavorful, we really enjoyed these lower fat Greek Chicken pitas.
It’s definitely a recipe I’d make again. And again.
WW Friendly Greek Chicken Pita Sandwich
According to my calculations each serving has 310 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *7 Weight Watchers Smartpoints.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, these are now *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 pita breads, warmed, for serving (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, for serving
- 1 roma tomato, chopped, for serving
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional, for serving)
- Ideal slow cooker size: Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2- to 3-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the onions and garlic in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer them to the slow cooker.
- Coat the chicken thighs with the lemon pepper, oregano, allspice and salt and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Stir the yogurt into the onion mixture in the slow cooker. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir back into the slow cooker.
- To serve, with a slotted spoon, spoon the chicken mixture into the warm pitas. Top with cucumber, tomato and feta cheese if using.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: *8Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *7Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *4Nutrition FactsSlow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas RecipeAmount Per Serving (1 Greek chicken pita)Calories 310Calories from Fat 63% Daily Value*Total Fat 7g11%Total Carbohydrates 32g11%Dietary Fiber 2g8%Protein 30g60%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Course: Slow CookerCuisine: AmericanKeyword: crock pot Greek chicken, Greek chicken sandwich, shredded Greek chicken