- 12graham crackers, made into crumbs (2 1/2 inch squares)
- 2cups light cream cheese
- 1cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2large eggs
- 2teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Prheat the over to 325 degrees; wrap the outside of a 10-inch springform pan with heavy duty foil; then spray the inside entirely with nonstick spray. Press the graham cracker crumbs over the bottom and partially up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed until blended; stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and set into a large roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until almost completely set, 30-32 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and prop open the door with a wooden spoon; leave the cake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.