- 1 lb 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of diced onion, cooked until soft
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1oz of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan cook the onions until they are soft and tender. Let them cool.
- Mix together onion, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cheese, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in ground beef and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
Makes 20 meatballs
1 meatball is 1 smart point
I like these meatballs better without the onions added but if you like onions feel free to add those to the recipe. You can sub 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Serving Size: 1 meatball
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0