- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; break two eggs into each well.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 1 minute.
1 serving: 395 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 461mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.