This Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries is so easy to cook and makes a filling and low Point breakfast for anyone following any of the Weight Watchers plans.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Additional Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup oats (80g)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (approx 150g)
- 1/2 cup fat free natural yogurt (120g)
- Calorie controlled spray oil.
- Start by mashing the banana in a small bowl.
- Place the oats, egg, maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and yogurt in a separate bowl.
- Add the mashed banana and mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Leave the mixture to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so for the oats to soak up all the wet ingredients before moving on to the next step. This step isn’t strictly necessary but I find it helps with the texture of the finished dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C / 160°C fan assisted
- Lightly grease a small baking dish with a couple of pumps of calorie controlled spray oil – I used a 7 inch round baking dish.
- Once the mixture has sat for 30 minutes spoon half of the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth out.
- Top with half of the blueberries.
- Spoon the rest of the mixture on top and carefully spread it out to the sides of the dish being careful not to ‘smoosh’ too many berries.
- Finally, top with the remaining berries.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until the baked oats have turned golden brown.
- Serve warm (or cold – your choice!) with some extra blueberries and some fat free yogurt.
Serving: 1/4 of dish | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassi