This quick and easy recipe for Black Beans and Rice is delicious! Made with sofrito, canned black beans and long-grain rice.
PREP TIME:15minutes mins
COOK TIME:30minutes mins
REST TIME:5minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:50minutes mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sofrito (I keep this in my freezer)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups long grain rice (I like Carolina)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 packet Sazon with achiote (or 1/2 tablespoon homemade sazon)
- 1 large vegetable or chicken bouillon cube (such as Maggi)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat a medium heavy pot with a tight fitted lid over medium heat and add the oil.
- Add the sofrito and cook until it melts and becomes fragrant, stirring 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the rinsed beans and rice and mix well.
- Add the water, sazon, bouillon and salt, stir and let it cook, boiling over medium heat until the liquid is almost all absorbed and just skims the top of the rice.
- Quickly cover the lid and cook low heat 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit 5 to 8 minutes more, without lifting the lid so the steam finishes the rice.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy.
Serving: 7/8 cup, Calories: 236kcal, Carbohydrates: 46.5g, Protein: 6.5g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 331mg, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
– WW Points: 6