Serves: 6 ServingsINGREDIENTS
- 3 cups diced rotisserie chicken (or any other cooked chicken)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper (this is optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak for about 10 minutes in warm water. Bring 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan, drain quinoa and add to boiling broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 12 to 15 minutes. Turn heat off and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork; set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add half and half, crushed red pepper and salt/pepper and continue cooking until heated through.
- In a large bowl, mix together chopped chicken, quinoa, Parmesan cheese and a ½ cup mozzarella cheese, then add sauce to quinoa mixture; mixing well.
- Pour quinoa mixture into a prepared 9×13 baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Top with fresh basil, serve and enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATIONServing Size: 8 cup • Calories: 337 • Fat: 10.5 g • Saturated Fat: 4.3 g • Carbs: 29.2 g • Fiber: 4.8 g • Protein: 31.1 g • Sugars: 2.5 g • WW Freestyle Points: 6